Release note 21.6
To search in the page use Ctrl+F on your keyboard
- Samsung Pay
- Sips Hosted Fields new features
- paymentToken extension
Thank you for your return. To give us more details you can contact us at this address : firstname.lastname@example.org
This release note gives you an overview of the functional content of the WL Sips 21R6 release.
It is separated in two parts:
- new additions in the WL Sips Solution, where are listed the modifications of new functionalities added to our offer
- regulatory changes
If you want to benefit of those new functionalities, please get in touch with your usual Sips contact if you are one of our client. Or, send us a message at the following email address: email@example.com.
Deliveries in production: from Monday, October 18th until Friday, November 5th 2021.
New features of the WL Sips Solution for merchants
Acceptance of the Samsung Pay means of payment
WL Sips can now accept Samsung Pay payments via the Sips Office and Sips Paypage connectors (to find out about the availability of this means of payment, please contact your acquirer).
Adjustment of the "accept only guaranteed transactions" option rules
As a result of the new features of PSD2, the existing option to accept only secured transactions has been adjusted to take into account the distinction between CITs (cardholder initiated transactions) and MITs (merchant initiated transactions).
If activated, this option will therefore not apply:
- on transactions that are at your initiative (MIT)
- on CITs where liability transfer is not eligible (e.g. Paypal transactions)
- on CITs where 3-D Secure has not been performed (e.g. cardOrder without 3-D Secure data) or which has been deactivated at your request (e.g. 3D Bypass option)
For more details, please refer to our 3-D Secure guide (it will be updated once the version 21.6 of our online documentation website is delivered).
New features of the Sips Hosted Fields connector
As a reminder, the Sips Hosted Fields solution provides the possibility to send and store securely the data related to the means of payment on the Sips WL side, and which provides in return a payment token (named ‘paymentToken’) to be used in the further payment process on the Sips Office connector.
For more details on this connector, please see our Sips Hosted Fields guide.
Implementation of 'paymentToken' on Sips In-App
The solution that will be implemented on Sips In-App is partly based on the principles of the Sips Hosted Fields solution.
To use this functionality, it will be necessary to:
- initiate a Sips In-App process in server-to-server mode
- integrate the iOS and/or Android SDKs into your respective mobile applications to call the payment token recovery service after sending sensitive data from the mobile
The rest of the process is to be done via the existing Sips Office services, allowing to perform various actions from the token.
Thus, in this configuration, you remain responsible for the entry of card information by the customer on the mobile application, while maintaining a PCI-DSS SAQ-A-EP level through the use of the Sips WL solution.
Please note that this option requires a modification of the parameters of your e-shop on the WL Sips side.
You will find the details of this new function in the Sips In-App integration guide (it will be updated once the version 21.6 of our online documentation website is delivered).
Extension of ‘paymentToken’ to other Sips Office
With the 21R6 you will now be able to use the Hosted Fields 'paymentToken' on the Sips Office functions 'creditHolder' and 'panToToken'.
Evolution of the Cetelem Presto payment process
As a reminder, in the case of Presto transactions, the study of the Internet user's file is mandatory before final acceptance.
With the 21R6, this process has changed slightly so that, under certain conditions determined by the partner, the transaction can be granted automatically (and therefore immediately).
For more details, please refer to the Presto guide (it will be updated when version 21.6 is delivered to our online documentation site).
Evolution of the Cetelem CPay means of payment
The CPay means of payment is being modified in order to adapt to 3DSv2:
- 3DSv2 compatibility: as CPay cards are co-badged with Mastercard, 3DSv2 authentication will be possible both on the Mastercard network and on the Cetelem private network (depending on the brand chosen at the time of payment).
- management of the "Retry Soft Decline" payment process: in the event of an authorisation refusal due to a non-authenticated transaction (acquirer code "A1") during a payment made via the Paypage connector, a new authorisation request is automatically triggered with a 3-D Secure authentication request.
Mandatory strong authentication when enrolling the card in a wallet
In the framework of the PSD2 regulation, the cardholder must have performed a strong 3-D Secure authentication when registering his card in a wallet.
In order to comply with this obligation and as of 21R6, for merchants using Paypage connectors), WL Sips will override the ‘challengeMode3DS’ field with the value 'CHALLENGE_MANDATE'.
For merchants using Office connectors and wishing to save a card in a wallet during a payment (via the addCard function), we strongly recommend setting the ‘fraudData.challengeMode3DS’ field to 'CHALLENGE_MANDATE' in order to be compliant with PSD2.
|Ref.||Appli.||Defect type||Solution summary||Priority|
|53543||Custompages||Bug||Updating the synchronisation tools to make visible the files containing the page customisation in Custompages.||Important|